I've decided to make a seperate post of this, since the " Tips and Maps for 100% Tyria Exploration" is moving quite fast.
The list is a slightly modified version of what I've posted there, not the locations, but some extra specification.
First of all a comment I made in the same thread on comparing maps:
The method I surgest for maps below 98% is saving a 100% map and the non 100% one in an empty folder and use the 'Image and Fax viewer' (think it's called that in English) to switch between them.
You can see slight differences on the map.
For maps > 98% this does also work if the explorer has done a good job and has a lot still covered in one area.
Only two pictures in the map speeds up the loading a little and makes sure you are always looking at the right maps.
I use this method when I don't have my graphics program available.
(not in original post).
The only method I use at home is visual compare.
I use a graphical program that supports layers (GIMP in this case).
I load the map and my 100% map as a layer.
Then zoom in to 200% and switch one layer on and off.
I use the 200% zoom since this makes it easier to see the difference
The maps I use to compare are:
Still unexplored (except Lornar's) are:
- a spot on the east side of Sanctum Cay missing.
- a small spot in Grent's Footprint near the entrance of Sorrow's Furnace.
- a spot in Ice Dome
- South area of Divinity Coast mission
- a spot below Borlis Pass (explore from the mission, in the bonus area)
- a spot in The Wilds mission (final battle, there is a exploration trick on wiki)
- desert might not be clean (hard to compare this area)
- a spot on Iron Mines west wall
Maps with the 17 July update can be found here:
Spots I know are missing on those maps:
- Sanctum Cay east side, 2 spots
- Grent's Footprint near SF entrance
- Lornar's Pass, small spot on the east wall in a corner.
- The Wilds, end area (did not use the NT trick yet)
I mention these for people that want to do their own compare for 2 reasons.
First of all, they should look if their map is better on those areas, to prevent exploration on those spots.
Also, you can see how differences look on a map.
For example, the spot in Borlis Pass is quite obvious when you have wexplored it yourself. This is how most of the differences will look like.
The area in Divinity Coast is a lot harder to see. That's the kind of difference you can expect some areas in Kryta and Talus Chute / Withman's.
Now the frequently missed spots list.
I've taken those of the maps I've been comparing for the last month.
Those were (almost) all 98% or higher maps.
All spots were on at least two different maps I compared.
Have fun exploring
- Ascalon Arena outpost
- Great Northern Wall mission, south west part (explore in mission, from Old Ascalon and The Breach, see wiki for how the explored area should look like)
- Old Ascalon, tar lake
- Regent Valley, tar lake
- Fort Ranik mission, south west part
- The Breach (breach itself)
- South wall Diessa Lowlands (from Breach entrance)
- North wall of Eastern Frontier
- Ruins mission, the river east on the east side.
- The tar at Ruins of Surmia (top), start explore from near bonus area
- South wall Nolani mission
- Diessa Lowlands west wall (below the Ascalon Foothills entrance)
- Yaks bend, Arena outpost
- North wall of Borlis Pass mission, also north part near starting point
- Borliss Pass west wall (also explore a part from Frost Gate outpost north)
- Frost Gate east wall and low south east corner
- North and west wall Anvil Rock
- Deldrimor Bowl central rock formation
- Deldrimor Bowl south wall (explore near the little building halfway)
- Top and west wall of Deldrimor Bowl
- Beach above Gates of Kryta outpost
- Gates of Kryta outpost (forgot area name): spot outside the outpost, below entrance to North Kryta Province
- Gates of Kryta mission,the area with undead in Gates of Kryta (behind Oink)
- Gates of Kryta mission, north west from first boss
- The lighthouse in Lion's Arch
- East side of D'Alessio mission (I think you can hit the spot from the boats in Lion's Arch).
- Rock formation west of D'Alessio Seaboard outpost entrance
- D'Alessio west wall (where you deliver bonus item)
- North Kryta beach (west side)
- North wall Nebo Terrace
- South wall Cursed Lands
- The wall above Beetletun (west exit)
- Black Curtain south east corner (east of Kessex entrance)
- Wall near entrance Kessex Peak
- Kessex Peak south west corner (near the floating fort)
- Divinity coast far north-west corner (hug the wall in the swamp), also explore behind the bonus-reward person (east side)
- the lake near the bonus area in The Wilds mission
- The Wilds outpost (north side)
- Bloodstone mission, area behind last boss
- Wall between Reed Bog and The Falls
- Mamnoon Lagoon, south wall.
- Silverwoods, west wall near entrance to Ettin's Back
- West wall Sage Lands
- Aurora Glade outpost, behind merchant
- Aurora Glade bonus area
- West side of Henge of Denravi ( I think where the collectors are)
- Tangle Root east and south wall
- Riverside mission outpost, west side
- Riverside Province: south-west corner (at 'bonus area', walk behind the obstacles)
- Riverside mission, kill last east tower, walk to water and on pier
- North wall Riverside Province mission (near where you get the scepter)
- Sanctum Cay mission, far east side (run past the end-point,
without triggering and move east), same for south east corner.
- Recently I also noted people miss the north side of Sanctum Cay (explore the beaches)
- south of Amoon Oasys, keep hugging the wall on your right side all the way down to you reach a couple of large bones.
- Outside Amoon Oasys is a collector on the rocks (near first portal).
- the west wall above Heroes' Audience.
- Elona Reach south site (just below the point where you enter).
- Dunes mission, bonus area
- The Scar west wall
- Thirsty River south west corner (ranger boss building)
- Spot inside building of the monk-boss Thirsty River (east side)
- Tombs outpost
- Spot between Droknar's and Ice Caves outpost (explore from Droknar's north east side)
- Ice Caves of Sorrow, Evinia's cell.
- Talus Chute east side, between Ice Caves outpost and Icedome
- Talus Chute, north wall (near Icedome entrance)
- Witman's Folly, get outside Drok's and expore the area just south of the exit
- Port Sledge west wall (inside outpost)
- Iron Mines west wall
- East wall Iron Mines mission
- Thunderhead, south wall (just after mission starts, probably inside outpost)
- Upper side Thunderhead Keep
- Mineral springs north east corner (Ice Imps)
- Mineral Springs east wall
- Snake's Dance, south west corner
- Grenth's Footprint, north-east corner
- Grent's Footprint, white area 'above' SF entrance
- Spearhead Peek, spot on the wall (explore from Spearhead and Tasca's Demise)
- spot on the low east wall of Spearhead, I think you can reach it from the Copperhammer outpost (north side).
- North East wall of Icedome (could also be in Frozen Forrest)
- Hell's mission : You get into the water near the 'river' and with right
position you should be able to uncover a small piece connecting to Abaddon's.
Places you can't visit anymore, but are uncovered on some old maps:
D'Alessio Arena: the island south west of Lion's Arch
Fort Koga: Henge of Denravi Arena, east of the outpost
Amnoon Arena: North west of Amnoon Oasis
Deldrimor Arena: west of Droknar's
The Crag: island south west of Ember Light Camp
Lion's Arch: the water south was accessible for a short time (the Amnoon bug: December 15, 2006).
5 July 2007: added places you can't visit anymore
24 July 2007: added the 17 July change to the main posting
22 September 2007: added Lion's Arch to the can't visit list.