Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:24 PM // 16:24   #1
shadowfell
hamonite anur ruk

Guild: [PhD]
Profession: Me/
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Seller misrepresenting items..

I've recently had my first horribad experience on gwg auctions and with a seller who frequents the site regularly.

Long story short, seller avoided questions asked about the caster item. The question was, is this inscription, or not? The item was ambiguously labeled and there wasn't a picture.

A further look into the sellers other auctions revealed that, if an item was inscription, it was labeled as 'insc' or with the inscription name listed and what it did. Since the seller seemed to cross the t's and dot the i's, the plunge was taken and the item was bought out.

Later, he contacts me in game and when it is finally revealed to not only be inscription but an extremely ridiculous price gouge on the item to boot.. I refused to pay for it because it didn't match auction description.

Anyhow, should something like this be reported?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 04:39 AM // 04:39   #2
Find_&_Seek
♪ Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan ♪

Location: Prolly lurking around on Guru Auctions (UN:killargh)(Store:The Pink Market) if anyones interested ;D
Guild: Society Of Souls [Argh]
Profession: R/

I'd say its a yes/no situation, Yes in the fact that due to the auction not being listed in full detail its sort of a false advertisement and it is the sellers responsibility to make sure everything is as clear as possible, and no in the sense that you committed yourself to the item.

Honestly if it wasn't clearly listed, and the trader wouldn't reply to PMs I personally wouldn't have bothered :S

either way you can leave a feedback commenting on your experience of the trade, that's what the feedback system is there for .
Old Aug 24, 2011, 12:48 PM // 12:48   #3
Urass
Krytan Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfell View Post
I've recently had my first horribad experience on gwg auctions and with a seller who frequents the site regularly.

Long story short, seller avoided questions asked about the caster item. The question was, is this inscription, or not? The item was ambiguously labeled and there wasn't a picture.

A further look into the sellers other auctions revealed that, if an item was inscription, it was labeled as 'insc' or with the inscription name listed and what it did. Since the seller seemed to cross the t's and dot the i's, the plunge was taken and the item was bought out.

Later, he contacts me in game and when it is finally revealed to not only be inscription but an extremely ridiculous price gouge on the item to boot.. I refused to pay for it because it didn't match auction description.

Anyhow, should something like this be reported?
I am guessing you are talking about the item being inscribable or Old School, and per comment above, if you do not have confirmation, do not assume... we all know what that does to us.

Also, regarding the price gouge issue, some Old School items have MUCH greater value than similar inscribable items.

Either way, you should not have bid, but you did, so you should have bought.

Last edited by Urass; Aug 24, 2011 at 12:50 PM // 12:50..
Old Aug 29, 2011, 04:01 PM // 16:01   #4
smokeemon
Desert Nomad

Profession: Mo/

when u ask if its insc. and i answer yes it is, and u still buy, then why are u suprised if i leave a bad rep

my oldschools are listed as oldschool, this item wasnt! can it be more obvious?

as said above, if u aint sure...dont bid or assume, simple rule

my bad if u planned on scammin a nubcake out of a 100+E item
Old Aug 31, 2011, 08:03 AM // 08:03   #5
shadowfell
hamonite anur ruk

Guild: [PhD]
Profession: Me/

Your inscription items were listed as inscription too, and this one wasn't. You were intentionally vague with a super-high price, indicating that perhaps this item was not inscription at all. In fact, I think the term you used was "SUPER RARE"

Since you ignored all question attempts over the auction interface, I was unable to confirm it and took the risk, yes. However, once I spoke to you in game and you admitted it was inscription, you were completely unapologetic about the 'error'. You even lied to me and said that the item in question, dragon's breath wands, only came in inscription and that I was an 'idiot' for thinking they came in old-school. I opted to pass on your item.

Get over yourself.

Last edited by shadowfell; Aug 31, 2011 at 08:06 AM // 08:06..

Share This Forum!