Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru
 
 

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > Gladiator's Arena

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:24 AM // 10:24   #2661
drkn
Forge Runner
 
drkn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wrocław, Poland
Guild: Midnight Mayhem
Profession: Me/
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default

Quote:
Red resign wouldn't work in RA because you don't get a point for a single win (as was the case for HB), and spawning as blue 5 times in a row (for a single point) is a 1/32 chance. Nobody gains anything, and there's no incentive to do it in the first place.
He mentioned zquest, not gaining glad points. Zquest doesn't require victories in a row.
drkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:32 AM // 10:32   #2662
HigherMinion
Forge Runner
 
HigherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Anglia, UK
Guild: Order of [Thay]
Profession: N/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkn View Post
He mentioned zquest, not gaining glad points. Zquest doesn't require victories in a row.
Generally everyone leaves after 3 wins anyway, so you face alot of bad teams because no one stays longer than 10 wins max.
HigherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:00 PM // 23:00   #2663
some guy
Jungle Guide
 
some guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SPAWN CAMPING YOUR HOUSE
Guild: We Speed Clear H O H [ HsC]
Default

The only thing I find I can deal with multiple dervishes is with a prot bar

OwET8YIXn5SPTEIrkNdNJtwXAA

With a heal bar you just get ripped to shreds at least from my experience with your standard mo/w burst or woh, and along with your dumb teammates balling up against derv teams. Prot bars are the only thing I can find in dealing with multiple dervs.

I have yet to see how a standard heal bar would work against derv teams with smarter teammates who wouldn't ball up.

Last edited by some guy; Feb 25, 2011 at 11:09 PM // 23:09..
some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:55 PM // 23:55   #2664
deluxe
Desert Nomad
 
deluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Monkeyball Z
Guild: S.K.A.T. [Ban]
Profession: Mo/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post
The only thing I find I can deal with multiple dervishes is with a prot bar

OwET8YIXn5SPTEIrkNdNJtwXAA

With a heal bar you just get ripped to shreds at least from my experience with your standard mo/w burst or woh, and along with your dumb teammates balling up against derv teams. Prot bars are the only thing I can find in dealing with multiple dervs.

I have yet to see how a standard heal bar would work against derv teams with smarter teammates who wouldn't ball up.
You'll soon find that ZB doesn't have what it takes to push bars in RA.
Also RoF is useless against all the AoG dervs, since it's all small packets of damage.
Run the same bar with WoH + Patient.
Build is the old standard, but everyone runs full healing bars without prot nowadays.

And don't forget, a good melee switches when he sees his targets gets a prot.
And the bad ones (95% of the players) arent much of a threat, since they all try to hit you trough bonettis while you spear up the degen with vig spirit.

Last edited by deluxe; Feb 25, 2011 at 11:59 PM // 23:59..
deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 12:29 AM // 00:29   #2665
some guy
Jungle Guide
 
some guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SPAWN CAMPING YOUR HOUSE
Guild: We Speed Clear H O H [ HsC]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe View Post
You'll soon find that ZB doesn't have what it takes to push bars in RA.
Also RoF is useless against all the AoG dervs, since it's all small packets of damage.
Run the same bar with WoH + Patient.
Build is the old standard, but everyone runs full healing bars without prot nowadays.

And don't forget, a good melee switches when he sees his targets gets a prot.
And the bad ones (95% of the players) arent much of a threat, since they all try to hit you trough bonettis while you spear up the degen with vig spirit.
It's more has to do with dumb teammates that ball up. I'm running the old standards now and is having a way easier time. When the derv nerf hits i'm switching back to vig spirit bars.
some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:49 AM // 09:49   #2666
urania
Desert Nomad
 
urania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Guild: vD
Profession: Mo/
Default

i guess sh+soa do the trick.
but standard woh is fine as long as you synch/get a decent team. i wouldnt overspec for dervs because then mesmers and necs (and plain degen) will tear you apart and if you rely on prots to keep things alive then you're just screwed when you have nothing left.
all you rly need is a ff curse or blood nec and a few damage dealers.
on a side note, dual derv+wail nec is probably the most brutal pain train i can imagine (next to dual enraged lunge). havent faced it yet, but faced dual derv+ce and it had a HUGE punch.

Last edited by urania; Feb 26, 2011 at 09:54 AM // 09:54..
urania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:02 PM // 16:02   #2667
Mayer
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Guild: Guild of People
Profession: D/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakaria View Post
Rapture interrupter

Ranger/Ritualist

Expertise: 13 (12+1)
Marksmanship: 13 (11+2)
Wilderness Survival: 7 (6+1)

[skill]Poison Arrow[/skill][skill]Screaming Shot[/skill][skill]Savage Shot[/skill][skill]Distracting Shot[/skill][skill]Read the Wind[/skill][skill]Frozen Soil[/skill][skill]Rupture Soul[/skill][skill]Resurrection Signet[/skill]

casting frozen soil after first kill you get, kill your own frozen soil if you found you are dying. With good team and monk you can roll 10 wins in row flawlessly between 10-15 mins since opposite team become 1 time kill
I actually tried this build, and not gonna lie i didn't have a lot of faith in it, but! it ended up working way better than i thought it did and i went on some nice winning streaks
Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 06:53 PM // 18:53   #2668
HigherMinion
Forge Runner
 
HigherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Anglia, UK
Guild: Order of [Thay]
Profession: N/
Default

The ranger feels quite redundant in RA now.

The mesmer interrupts better with PD+Shame/guilt and Complicate.
The necro has the degen pressure with hexes+conditions and added party support with FF.

So... What can a ranger do to compete? BHA?
HigherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:08 PM // 19:08   #2669
urania
Desert Nomad
 
urania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Guild: vD
Profession: Mo/
Default

a good r/mo is and always will be - priceless.
poison spread, rupts on key skills, sig locks, mend touching on daze, deb shotting on recharge and and and.
urania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2011, 11:56 PM // 23:56   #2670
some guy
Jungle Guide
 
some guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SPAWN CAMPING YOUR HOUSE
Guild: We Speed Clear H O H [ HsC]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by urania View Post
i guess sh+soa do the trick.
but standard woh is fine as long as you synch/get a decent team. i wouldnt overspec for dervs because then mesmers and necs (and plain degen) will tear you apart and if you rely on prots to keep things alive then you're just screwed when you have nothing left.
all you rly need is a ff curse or blood nec and a few damage dealers.
on a side note, dual derv+wail nec is probably the most brutal pain train i can imagine (next to dual enraged lunge). havent faced it yet, but faced dual derv+ce and it had a HUGE punch.
Exactly, against your average 400 hp pug, standard woh gets ripped to shreds, you don't have enough to keep bars red.

While I was running prot, shielding hands and SoA was glorious. Like said earlier, ZB does not do that good of a job pushing bars.

Last edited by some guy; Feb 26, 2011 at 11:58 PM // 23:58..
some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:01 AM // 01:01   #2671
HigherMinion
Forge Runner
 
HigherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Anglia, UK
Guild: Order of [Thay]
Profession: N/
Default

Been running my monk with double hex removal and 0 condition removal; works when you don't encounter blind or hope you get a nec with FF. Much more effective than taking one removal+draw.

Last edited by HigherMinion; Feb 27, 2011 at 01:02 AM // 01:02.. Reason: nec->monk
HigherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:02 AM // 02:02   #2672
deluxe
Desert Nomad
 
deluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Monkeyball Z
Guild: S.K.A.T. [Ban]
Profession: Mo/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherMinion View Post
Been running my monk with double hex removal and 0 condition removal; works when you don't encounter blind or hope you get a nec with FF. Much more effective than taking one removal+draw.
You can just take draw and no other removal, that way you just pull the condi's to yourself and gain armor from disciples insignia.
If I really need something removed, i press CoP.
deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:40 AM // 02:40   #2673
Cool Name
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Guild: Shadowed Ones
Profession: E/A
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe View Post
You can just take draw and no other removal, that way you just pull the condi's to yourself and gain armor from disciples insignia.
If I really need something removed, i press CoP.
By one removal I think he meant one hex removal.

I haven't played RA recently so I might be wrong, but aren't there lots of grenth dervs running around? Or at least dervs with aura of thorns + aura slicer etc, maybe even EDA?. Seems like the new burst of dervs will make conditions more abundant.
Cool Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:47 AM // 02:47   #2674
HigherMinion
Forge Runner
 
HigherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Anglia, UK
Guild: Order of [Thay]
Profession: N/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Name View Post
By one removal I think he meant one hex removal.

I haven't played RA recently so I might be wrong, but aren't there lots of grenth dervs running around? Or at least dervs with aura of thorns + aura slicer etc, maybe even EDA?. Seems like the new burst of dervs will make conditions more abundant.
Yes and no.

Necros are quite common also, and all the good ones have FF. You should try to synergise with them, even though it's still random.
HigherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2011, 04:40 PM // 16:40   #2675
Dirame
Ascalonian Squire
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Guild: Ferret Unity of Rogues [FUR]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigherMinion View Post
Yes and no.

Necros are quite common also, and all the good ones have FF. You should try to synergise with them, even though it's still random.
Lol all the good ones have FF, yea sure that's.... good to know lol.
Dirame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:50 AM // 01:50   #2676
some guy
Jungle Guide
 
some guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SPAWN CAMPING YOUR HOUSE
Guild: We Speed Clear H O H [ HsC]
Default

Owol0wPB0pirI1AqRcT4PABmfddRgB

Fight imba with imba

If you can't fight them join them

This build is glorious just try it

Last edited by some guy; Mar 01, 2011 at 02:54 AM // 02:54..
some guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:39 AM // 03:39   #2677
Wish Swiftdeath
Desert Nomad
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Profession: Mo/W
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post
Owol0wPB0pirI1AqRcT4PABmfddRgB

Fight imba with imba

If you can't fight them join them

This build is glorious just try it
Tried it, pious gets interrupted by anyone with a brain and then you're screwed
Wish Swiftdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:06 AM // 04:06   #2678
Ariena Najea
Silence and Motion
 
Ariena Najea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Guild: New Horizon [NH]
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy View Post
Owol0wPB0pirI1AqRcT4PABmfddRgB

Fight imba with imba

If you can't fight them join them

This build is glorious just try it
Any good team is going to roll you... you have no blocking capabilities. Without Guardian or stances you are either going to get trained down, get WoH hit with Dshot (or Lyssa's Assault) and then die horribly.
Ariena Najea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:51 AM // 08:51   #2679
HigherMinion
Forge Runner
 
HigherMinion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: East Anglia, UK
Guild: Order of [Thay]
Profession: N/
Default

In a Nec curses bar, is it more important/better to take anti-melee skills or swap one for a block? I have Faintheartedness and protector's defense; but would IP or Enfeeble be better over the tactics skill?
HigherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:37 PM // 15:37   #2680
Cool Name
Lion's Arch Merchant
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Guild: Shadowed Ones
Profession: E/A
Default

I would say you should take some form of self defence. 75% block chance is something a monk can't really match, and it will really help out. Though, since you are midline and perhaps don't need to be casting as much as a monk, then it might be easier for you to kite instead.
Cool Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This Forum!  
 
 
           

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alliance Battle - builds and build discussion Turbobusa Gladiator's Arena 236 Jun 13, 2008 12:03 PM // 12:03
Ele/D build for Random Arena Shatter the World The Campfire 12 Jan 01, 2007 05:10 PM // 17:10
Random Build Arena!!! gameshoes3003 Sardelac Sanitarium 7 Jul 31, 2006 07:22 AM // 07:22


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:35 PM // 22:35.


Vote on the Guild Wars Top 200
Guild Wars Top 200 - Cheats Free Guides, Downloads, Fansites. The Gold standard

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.