Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru
 
 

Go Back   Guild Wars Forums - GW Guru > The Hall of Knowledge > The Campfire > Farming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:59 PM // 20:59   #1
Cody14w
Ascalonian Squire
 
Cody14w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Guild Wars
Guild: Aztec一dynasty常 [会黒会]
Profession: E/P
Advertisement

Disable Ads
Default Old player looking for some help getting back into farming.

Hi, so i use to play GW a few years ago, and have not really been keeping up with the meta builds of things and ect. but i use to do UWSC alot and had probably upwards of 300+ UWSC runs if not more back when exp groups ran it in about 10-15mins but now that ive started playing again i see a lot has changed it seems with the builds and how uwsc is ran. I have a Assassin and Ele and a Monk and was wondering if this is the current meta http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:Team_-_UW_Terraway
Or if its outdated ect, also what would be the best position to do for starting out uwsc again?
Or is there another way of making decent gold from farming now? reason being i came back to get my 30 HoM points for GW2 and i'm down to the last 5 pts but before i quit a few years back i spent quite literally all my ectos/zkeys so i'm pretty much broke and need to farm up enough to buy a couple armors/weapons to finish up my HoM.
Cody14w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:24 PM // 21:24   #2
ultimak719
Frost Gate Guardian
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Maryland
Guild: Gods of Legendary Destroyers [GOLD]
Profession: A/
Default

You do have the current meta UWSC build. If you hung onto your ghastly summon stones you should easily be able to get into "ranked" groups that might have a chance of completing it. For starting up fresh, I would suggest anything in the lab team. Emo, sos, spike, and lt are all pretty easy if you watch a video or two.

Farming in general is a much slower way to get cash and takes way longer. But if you are interested, http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:A/any_Vaettir_Farm and http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:R/A_Whirling_Farmer are decent ways to get unid golds, tomes, and just weps to sell.

But, what I would really suggest is to look at your characters and look at what gear they have. If all you care about is getting the HoM up, use a perfect salvage kit and salvage off the runes of your armor, sell those. Sell your non-customized weapons, sell your minipets, your el tonics, everything that might be of value. Depending on the weapons or tonics you can easily get upwards of 20e each.
ultimak719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:37 PM // 21:37   #3
Meow Ren
Krytan Explorer
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Guild: Black Hand Gang
Profession: R/
Default

Slightly off-topic, but depending on when you stopped playing....you may not be aware of this update.

Every account is now entitled to 50 free Tournament Reward Points. Simply go to GToB and speak to High Priest Zhang (the 50 points will be in your Hero panel, under the last tab). Then go speak to Tolkano (also in GToB) to spend the points on Zaishen Keys (you may have to register your account with him first). Sell the Zkeys for 5-5.5k each. Use to help fund your last HoM points.

EDIT: if, as Ultimak719 suggests, you are simply looking to finish the last 5 HoM points and are planning to salvage runes off your characters, don't forget to ID them all before selling them to the Rune Trader. Depending on the profession and kind of rune (superior, major, minor) this will increase their value. Try to sell specifically to the Rune Trader as sometimes, even ID'ed, they will offer more for the rune than the regular merchant.

Last edited by Meow Ren; Mar 22, 2012 at 09:45 PM // 21:45..
Meow Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 06:10 AM // 06:10   #4
Cody14w
Ascalonian Squire
 
Cody14w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Guild Wars
Guild: Aztec一dynasty常 [会黒会]
Profession: E/P
Default

Wasnt aware of the free tourney points, And i played before the ghastly summoning stones were even implemented so i have 0 of them =/.
Also before i quit i got rid of pretty much everything so all i got left of value is my eles obby armor and a storage full of celestial ox's and some tombs and other random junk haha, which im sure i could probably make atleast 100k from all of that but i need a Destroyer+Tormentor weapon and if prices are like they use to be then ill prob need upwards of 200-300k for just those then i need the 2 more armor sets also.

Btw whats unded celestial ox's go for now? i checked gurus auctions to try and get a pc but didnt see any up.

And back on topic ~ I guess ill work on getting my ele geared for E/mo.
Cody14w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:29 AM // 07:29   #5
andy1765
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Profession: N/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody14w View Post

Btw whats unded celestial ox's go for now? i checked gurus auctions to try and get a pc but didnt see any up.
50K was the latest as far as this post's concerned. If I had the money I'd offer to take one off your hands, but seems I've got a hole in my wallet at the moment!

***EDIT*** forgot the link!
http://www.guildwarsguru.com/forum/m...363615p84.html

Last edited by andy1765; Mar 23, 2012 at 07:34 AM // 07:34.. Reason: Typo
andy1765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 07:49 AM // 07:49   #6
Master Archer Nente
Academy Page
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: California
Guild: The Guild With No [NAM트]
Profession: R/
Default

Be aware that the Underworld has changed a lot with the addition of Dhuum and the skeletons. Back when average groups did it in 10-15 minutes the UW was piss easy (still is but it is considerably more difficult)
Honestly If you want quick cash I'd do FoWSC since it has a higher success rate and easier to find groups. (Unless you are in a guild with good UWSC that do it regularly, then do UW)
Master Archer Nente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:19 AM // 10:19   #7
superraptors
Furnace Stoker
 
superraptors's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Profession: W/
Default

indeed the 10-15min was a no brainer.
superraptors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:57 AM // 10:57   #8
Calista Blackblood
Permanently Banned
 
Calista Blackblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dying off the back of a race
Guild: Retired
Profession: N/
Default

Elite EndGame Forum
Speedclear Resources STICKY


Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow Ren
Slightly off-topic, but depending on when you stopped playing....you may not be aware of this update.

Every account is now entitled to 50 free Tournament Reward Points. Simply go to GToB and speak to High Priest Zhang (the 50 points will be in your Hero panel, under the last tab). Then go speak to Tolkano (also in GToB) to spend the points on Zaishen Keys (you may have to register your account with him first). Sell the Zkeys for 5-5.5k each. Use to help fund your last HoM points.

EDIT: if, as Ultimak719 suggests, you are simply looking to finish the last 5 HoM points and are planning to salvage runes off your characters, don't forget to ID them all before selling them to the Rune Trader. Depending on the profession and kind of rune (superior, major, minor) this will increase their value. Try to sell specifically to the Rune Trader as sometimes, even ID'ed, they will offer more for the rune than the regular merchant.
What the hell are you talking about? Runes NEVER need ID'd
Calista Blackblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:37 PM // 14:37   #9
andy1765
Pre-Searing Cadet
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Profession: N/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calista Blackblood View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Runes NEVER need ID'd
I must admit I thought I'd seen this & not to be contrary without a little research, it is there in the Wiki, vis:

"The minimum price of any rune and insignia sold to a trader is 25Gold, but like all other weapon and armor upgrades, they can be identified to increase their value. Although the identified values vary a lot, minor runes usually increase prices up to 26-50Gold, major up to 52-100Gold and superior up to 104-200Gold. "
andy1765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:09 PM // 16:09   #10
Cody14w
Ascalonian Squire
 
Cody14w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Guild Wars
Guild: Aztec一dynasty常 [会黒会]
Profession: E/P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Archer Nente View Post
Be aware that the Underworld has changed a lot with the addition of Dhuum and the skeletons. Back when average groups did it in 10-15 minutes the UW was piss easy (still is but it is considerably more difficult)
Honestly If you want quick cash I'd do FoWSC since it has a higher success rate and easier to find groups. (Unless you are in a guild with good UWSC that do it regularly, then do UW)

Oh i didnt even think about doing FoW, I guess ill actually work on gearing one of my characters for it instead, also just to be sure this the current meta for FoW? http://www.gwpvx.com/Build:Team_-_FoW_Manly_Spike
Just want to make sure since i dont spend whats left of my gold on insigs and what not and it be the wrong setup .
Thanks btw.
Cody14w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2012, 04:38 PM // 16:38   #11
Calista Blackblood
Permanently Banned
 
Calista Blackblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dying off the back of a race
Guild: Retired
Profession: N/
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1765 View Post
I must admit I thought I'd seen this & not to be contrary without a little research, it is there in the Wiki, vis:

"The minimum price of any rune and insignia sold to a trader is 25Gold, but like all other weapon and armor upgrades, they can be identified to increase their value. Although the identified values vary a lot, minor runes usually increase prices up to 26-50Gold, major up to 52-100Gold and superior up to 104-200Gold. "
Yeah,you're not gonna get rich doing that.
Calista Blackblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This Forum!  
 
 
           

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:29 AM // 02:29.


Vote on the Guild Wars Top 200
Guild Wars Top 200 - Cheats Free Guides, Downloads, Fansites. The Gold standard

Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.