I do know the 1.8.3 ( lui`s last updated version ) had the problem of trying to access gwshack.us site and hopefully i can have a work around for that problem later today - thats a minor code edit which i manged to do ages ago but i`ll need to find where i left the edited copy.
When you install -
In the following, ~ will refer to your phpBB, PunBB or vBulletin forum directory (if you can't modify files from these directory, you won't be able to install gwBBCode). For PHP-Nuke, the forum directory is in the modules directory.
1) Copy the content of this archive into ~/gwbbcode/ so that one can access ~/gwbbcode/install.php
2) Access ~/gwbbcode/install.php with your browser and follow the instructions (you may get errors because of access permissions).
3) If you want the skill database to be stored and accessed with MySQL (only possible on phpBB2&3), set GWBBCODE_SQL to true in ~/gwbbcode/config.inc.php and access ~/gwbbcode/install.php again.
4) If you want builds with Kurzick/Luxon skills to be adapted to your alliance faction, set GWBBCODE_ALLEGIANCE to 'Kurzick' or 'Luxon' in ~/gwbbcode/config.inc.php (Kurzick by default, so edit only if you are Luxon)
5) If you want builds with PvP/PvE skills to be adapted to the way you play, set GWBBCODE_GAMEPLAY to 'PvP' or 'PvE' in ~/gwbbcode/config.inc.php (PvP by default, so edit only if your builds are mostly PvE)
6) Then try example posts from ~/gwbbcode/examples/ especially the short guide ~gwbbcode/examples/howto.txt
If you need to uninstall, please read UNINSTALL.TXT
Thats off the instructions - i`ll double check where i put it on my phpbb test site and i`ll post the full path so you can see exactly where it goes.
Firestorm10 - can you keep a copy of the french version you got and i`ll try and get a copy off you - i dont understand french but they may have done a few code edits that may help .
Edit - ive managed to get past the part described with the problem - and managed to find another problem where install wont detect the type of forum software - has a few error messages but can be ignored as theres an option to force installation on a few listed forums software.
I do have a feeling for now the version will be a bit of a frankenstein job for installing - hopefully at some stage someone with an idea of php codeing could fix it properly.
Does anyone know of a gd free php/html editor program as im going to need one
Last edited by Spiritz; May 02, 2012 at 10:30 AM // 10:30..